Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stuck in the Albuquerque Airport with some Perspective

Hi.  I am sitting in the Albuquerque Airport waiting to see if the next flight out of here is available.  I already tried for one flight.  No luck.  I am confirmed on a flight that is about four hours from now.  Ordinarily I would be frustrated and upset.  But as I sit here comfortable in a seat with my laptop plugged into one of multiple outlets I have my ipod playing with the album from Hope for Haiti Now.  The music is beautiful and the message is extraordinary.  I am well fed, well rested and healthy.  There are relatively clean restrooms in this airport and free wifi.  I am safe.  The weather is good.

So, my perspective is very different than when I have waited endlessly for delayed or cancelled flights in the past.  It really is not that important.  I am blessed.

But when months go by like they did with Katrina and I revert to getting upset about meaningless things, I know that my perspective will revert back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment